Thursday, July 26, 2012

From Community College to Primary School...



13 gigantic boxes of donated primary school books were delivered, thanks to the efforts of supporters in Virginia and FedEx's charitable shipping program, to my garage last week. Afretech, a charitable group based in Vancouver, BC, is preparing to get the books from North America to Kenya... but the boxes in my garage are too big for us to get across the border and into the container!

In the face of this news, I put out a call to my employer, Edmonds Community College, to see what recycled file- or printer-paper- boxes I might gather for the cause, and the response was immediate and generous. I filled my car today with gloriously sturdy cardboard boxes, and I'll go back next week for more. I'm thrilled!

Stay tuned for news of a re-packing party in my driveway...

No comments:

Post a Comment