Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shameless Plug



Every year, my brothers' families and mine do an Oscar-related extravaganza, involving thrift-store finery, a red carpet and gawking at celebrities on E!. This year is the fourth annual, so we have decided to up the ante and add a Family Film Festival element the day before. (That's today!)

Each family has to produce a short film and do a Q&A following the screening. And, yes, there will be a Best Picture award -- everyone in my house wants it real bad, so we'll be working on the final edits of our submission right up to the last minute.

What does this have to do with Cura, you ask?

Knowing this event was coming, I decided to take advantage of my captive audience and make a shameless plug to have my family join me there someday. Give a girl a FlipVideo camera and basic Windows editing software, and she starts to think she has skills.

Clearly, I do not have a future in film, in front of OR behind the camera.

But here's my invitation to them... and to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment