Monday, July 11, 2011


We're back from Kenya and settling in at home... but I'm still immersed in Cura-related communication and planning. I've got this photo set as the background on my desktop, just to remind me of where we just were...

And we've got new (and very lucky!) volunteers headed there soon!

Paige, Savannah and Danielle are heading to Cura in August to begin a series of art and theater projects with the children, both between school terms and once classes begin again in September.

Jennifer will return again in November to reprise her Rotary-inspired "World without AIDS" photography and writing projects.

And Aaron and Diedre are working on plans to come to Cura in January to begin a global "Music and Movement" project with the students at Cura Primary School.

Of course, we hope Construction for Change will also be arriving after the first of the year, to break ground on the long-anticipated secondary school, as well.

These plans, and all of the details associated with them, keep me busy and thinking of Cura when I'm home -- as do pen pals and sponsors and interested well-wishers. But nothing beats being there.

-H

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Paige and her friends Savannah and Danielle are looking forward to working with you and the children of Cura! It has been a dream of Paige's for many years to come to Africa! Thanks goes to CVF and you all for showing her a way to give back...All my best wishes go to everyone that this be a positive experience for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete