Thursday, June 14, 2012

Books -- Please Help?


Each time I travel to Cura, I use a bit of the money we've raised toward education to chip away at the LONG list of textbooks the Cura Primary School needs for its students to be successful. As I prepare for my next trip (I'm leaving tomorrow!), I'm thinking a lot about books.

The need for them is so enormous and the benefit of having them is so great, that I am always looking for more ways to get more books in the hands of these teachers and these students!

I'm thrilled that I do have a small budget to purchase classroom sets of some required English and Science books this trip, but I'm hoping you can help: I'd like to add fulls sets of English and Swahili dictionaries to my book order. The addition of these will cost about US$200...

Use the DONATE NOW button under the "Education and Youth" section here -- any little bit helps!

I'll be certain to post photos of grateful teachers -- and of students with mixed feelings (new books? yay! more homework? boo....).

No comments:

Post a Comment