Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gratitude

My internet connection isn't allowing me to upload photos, so I'll valiantly attempt to craft a post without them. What I was hoping to say with images I'll briefly sketch with words...

Things I'm grateful for today:

--Generous General Managers at Nairobi hotels, for donating my lodging and making my visit back to Cura.

--The best GM of them all: Mark Somen at Tribe, who coordinated the whole thing!

--Tropical fruits, in season, especially given that I narrowly escaped Seattle's deep freeze.

--The fact that I narrowly escaped Seattle's deep-freeze... other volunteers from Construction for Change were delayed because of the storm. (We all eagerly await their arrival, eventually!)

--Shops within walking distance, where I can stock up on school supplies and even little sweets to bring as gifts to Cura tomorrow.

--Functional internet, which is allowing me to coordinate my visit, funds transfers and volunteer logistics.

--SIM card technology that doesn't expire for six months -- as well as the fact that I got back here within six months and kept the old SIM card alive.

--Cura supporters who have entrusted us with the stewardship of their donations. There is no substitute for being on the ground in the place where the money is used, and I'm grateful that I get to participate in the allocation of funds to benefit our children and the whole Cura community.

Many thanks, and more photos to come,
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment